Visit LoveBex's shop here: http://lovebex.etsy.com
|Sterling Fringe Necklace by FruitionJewelry $125|
And here is a recent beautiful treasury curated by Raychel for Team Serendipity:
|Shades of Autumn Vintage Silk and Linen Cushion Cover by kaftansarafan $64|
And here is a recent beautiful treasury curated by Irina for Team Serendipity:
Unbelievably 2012 is just around the corner. Are you ready to glam it up? Here are a few glitzy items to give you some ideas courtesy of Team Serendipity.
- Mid Century Modern Damascus Pendant by ThePolkadotMagpie $85
- Hand Poured Soy Wax Candles (set of 6) by LittleBatch $84
- Pyrite Earrings by aubepine $29.75
- Sterling Silver Disc Necklace by juliegarland $28
- Vintage Silver Cocktail Dress by gogovintage $65
- Empire State Building NYC Photography Print by NancyFphotos $25
- Small Ruffled Linen Clutch by HelloVioleta $15
- Wedgewood Cups and Saucers (set of 2) by pillowsophi $24
- Gold Filled Initialed Stacking Rings (set of 3) by FruitionJewelry $85
- Gemstone Bead Bracelets (set of 3) by byjodi $110
|Chai Tea Spice Vegan Cold Process Handmade Soap by soap $5.75|
And here is a recent beautiful treasury curated by Hiromi for Team Serendipity:
|Alternative Wedding Band by steampunkfunk $210|
And here is a recent beautiful treasury curated by Angie for Team Serendipity:
|Chalcedony Teardrop Aqua Necklace by ZhivanaDesigns|
This challenge will run from noon (EST) Thursday, December 8th until noon (EST) Friday, December 9th.
Here are the guidelines for a valid entry:
- Include the featured seller in the FIRST row of your treasury (any item from their shop)
- Use at least 5 other Team Serendipity members in the first three rows of your treasury
- Tag your treasury "tserendipity" AND "happyaccident1"
- In the description section of your treasury please post a link back to this post
- Become a follower of this blog (if you aren't already) and post a link to your treasury as a comment
- Do as you normally would for tracking your treasuries in the team page (post a link in the appropriate monthly thread and log it into our tracking form)
The temperature is dropping and the Christmas lights are glowing. Check out these icy blue choices to give your Holiday a cool blue feel.
- Sterling Silver Snowflake Earrings by FruitionJewelry $68
- Loving and Giving Art Print by AldariArt $18
- Set of 3 Vintage Plates with Blue Design by RhettDidntGiveADamn $22
- Ocean Blue Sterling Silver Dangle Earrings by SharonClancyDesigns $34
- Felted Ruffle Mittens by Baymut $42
- Sterling Silver Dangle Snowflake Earrings by juliegarland $24
- Hand Embroidered Snowflake Cuff Bracelet by Waterrrose $82
- Set of 10 Blue Holiday Cards (2 designs) by ripeshop $16
- Pale Blue Winter Photography Print by Raceytay $15
- Set of 3 Vintage Anchor Hocking Glasbak/Glasbake Mugs by NifticVintage $22
1. What are some traditions that you celebrate?
Thanksgiving has always been very special to me....until last year when I lost my aunt a couple of months before. Here was a person who had been there for every single day of my life and suddenly she was gone. She died at 74 years of age. We traditionally got together every Thanksgiving and she would cook the dressing while I pretended I didn't know how. So she'd come over to the house, make my dressing, we'd hang out and drink cocktails. Needless to say, after she died, I didn't want anything to do with that holiday. I was so devastated all I could do was cry and pretend it wasn't Nov 24th and where the hell is my aunt. She'd been at my house doing dressing for past 27 years. I was so angry.
This year I didn't ignore Thanksgiving. Time really does heal wounds. Now the loss of my aunt is a sore ache and bittersweet smile. I still rage on occasion.
2. Where did these traditions originate?
She always spent Christmas with my sister and her family. Thanksgiving was ours.
3. Are there any traditions you wished you celebrated and why?
Now part of my Thanksgiving ritual is to walk around my kitchen cooking and pretending to hear my aunt chastise me for not doing the dressing right. Crazy, yes? But that's what she would do if she were here. Oh and also have a cocktail.
4. Do you follow any traditions when it comes to your artistic work?
Not traditions so much as rituals. I'm very meticulous about sewing my seams back all in one direction, toward the back. People who don't sew probably think sewing is about putting a bunch of pieces together and making something. It is that....and so much more. It's problem solving at it's finest. There's a lot of trial and error in designing. What a person sees visually looks nothing like a pattern piece when it's being drawn. The designer's mind has to figure out how to make reality that which is a finished garment before the first cut is even made.
5. With the holidays upon us there are lots of opportunities for traditions in the kitchen, do you have a recipe you would like to share?
I can't give you my aunts dressing recipe because I'm still pretending not to know it. So here's the recipe for her favorite cocktail.
Arvis' Pink Panties
1/2 cup Malibu Coconut Rum
1 cup Smirnoff's Vodka
4 oz Whipped Cream
2 tbsp frozen pink lemonade concentrate
15 ice cubes
Mix all this together in a blender. Pour in a shallow glass like a martini glass because most people like to lick the glass clean. Seriously. :-)
As autumn turns into winter we tend to spend more and more time at home. Here are a few things that can make a house a home courtesy of Team Serendipity. Cozy it up!
- Vintage Doll Heads (sold individually) by NifticVintage $5
- Vintage Homer Laughlin Serving Platter by KingsDownRoad $20
- Tree Wall Decal with Birds by CherryWalls $72
- Lowball Mid Century Modern Retro Tumblers (set of 6) by pillowsophi $37.16
- Vintage Kids Globe by MeshuMaSH $12
- Walnut Tea Light Display (set of 3) by ArtGlamourSligo $27.23
- Tree of Life Embroidered Wall Hanging by kaftansarafan $75
- Vintage Nautilus Seashell Art Print by vintagebytheshore $14
- Vintage Wooden Bowls (set of 4) by BeeJayKay $36
Taking the "Black" out of "Black Friday" quite literally here is a collection of items in tones of beautiful and bold black. Whether for the holidays or for the new year, black never goes out of style.
- Organic Maxi Dress in Black by FineThreadz $115
- Black Wool Felted Scarf by Baymut $49
- Vintage Cast Iron by jacquierae $18
- Rock on Ice Snow Fine Art Photography by AldariArt $25
- Pleated Wristlet with Charcoal Waves by handjstarcreations $17
- Black Modern Tree Pillow Cover by ClassicByNature $28
- Mystic Black Spinel Necklace by karinagracejewelry $52
- Black Leather Mod Boots by gogovintage $32
- Chrysanthemum Ring by FruitionJewelry $82